Saturday, August 9, 2008

Puddle Jumping

The other day this storm named Edouard came on shore in Texas. The weatherman called it a tropical storm, but I don't get what makes it tropical. South Texas is more like a desert than the tropics, but I'm no meteorologist! It didn't really do much in San Antonio except for rain not quite 3/4 inch (whatever 3/4 is, much less an inch...), but it all came at once so we had puddles!

My Mama, being the great Mama she is, took me outside as it let up. I decided that standing underneath the porch was for all those non-adventurous babies, so I had to go out in it. Too bad if that means getting wet -- no pain, no gain is my mantra (what's a mantra?) For some reason my Mama didn't come out and get me, so I decided to stand right underneath where the rain was pouring off the porch roof. How fun was that!

Anywho, after the rain really stopped Mama took me out puddle jumping. Well, since I can't really jump yet, it was more like puddle toddling, but it was fun anyway! Here I am walking like a big girl straight through the puddles on the side of the street outside my home.

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

you should take your daddy puddle jumping.

Tim said...

Who do you think was crouching in the puddle taking the picture? ;)

Aunt Jennifer said...

next time make your daddy jump in the puddles and make you mama take the picture. make sure daddy knows how much fun it is!!! =]