Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello World!

From Emmaline Ruth

I decided to come into the world on September 29, 2010 at 1:49 am. My Mama wanted me to arrive the day before, but I had other plans! :)

When I was born, I was 7 pounds, 11 ounces and 21 inches long. My head circumference was 36 cm!

From Emmaline Ruth

I had a bit of a rough start... at first everything seemed alright. I started breathing shortly after being born, warmed up, and turned a nice baby pink color. But not a little over an hour later, I was having a hard time breathing, had a really low blood sugar level, and had heartbeat rhythm problems.

From Emmaline Ruth

I had to spend the first two days of my life in a special care nursery. This is how I felt about that. Actually, at first I was so lazy that I didn't even care with the nurses poking and pricking me for blood tests and an IV! Luckily the IV helped and I started telling the world my opinion!

From Emmaline Ruth

I even started opening my eyes for my Mama, Daddy, and the nurses! My Mama, Daddy, sister, brother, and Grandma were able to visit me in the nursery. My Mama and Daddy were almost always with me. Some friends from church even came by! I was plenty loved and that helped me get better!

Hope to see everyone soon!

1 comment:

English said...

Emmaline you are so beautiful!! I'm so glad I get to see your pictures. We've been so excited to see you. I will so your pictures to Zachary and Adelyn soon.