Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gearing up!


As we prepare for Baby #2 we are finding that there is little that we need and some things that we want. There is one thing though, that I have wanted for Timothy. I want a sling like carrier that works as well for him as my ring slings do for me. Timothy has never liked how a ring sling only sits on one shoulder. To day while out shopping, I happened to be looking at Target at the "non-traditional" baby items and noticed that many of them are on clearance. While this makes me sad because I have found so much benefit from baby wearing and cloth diapering and want others to gain the benefits too. It made me excited, because I was able to get Timothy a baby carrier that I believe will give him the benefits of baby wearing that we have enjoyed with Meredith even when the baby is little. I started wearing Meredith at about 3 months old with a ring sling (I wish I had known about sling eariler). Timothy started to wear Meredith at about 8 or 9 months old in a Mei Tai. From what he has said he has enjoyed wearing Meredith but would not likely wear the new baby till it was old enough to go into the Mei Tia, which would be when the baby could hold its head up on its own. We are also actively trying to think of ways that this baby can bond better with Timothy from the begining, what better way then baby wearing! Here is a picture of Timothy wearing one of Meredith's babies as a prop to check the fit of the carrier to see if I needed to get the bigger size. As I suppected the small fits him just fine!

No comments: