Saturday, May 14, 2011

We Climbed a Mountain!

Yesterday was a warm, sunny (in the afternoon) day! Mama, Daddy, Meredith, Emmaline, and I went for a hike to the top of Badger Mountain yesterday morning.

From Theodore Elial 2 Years

I got to wear my new backpack. I carried my own water and snacks!

From Meredith Jane 3 Years

Meredith was getting ready too, but she was being a little bit more silly than me.

Meredith hiked all the way to the top by herself (with a little "inspiration" from Mama and Daddy). I didn't make it too far up before Daddy carried me on his back.

From Theodore Elial 2 Years

When we got to the top, we took a break. It was windy and cool, but the view was great!

From Meredith Jane 3 Years

At the top, Meredith and I both ate our snack and drank some water.

From Theodore Elial 2 Years

Then we took a look around. this is the town of West Richland, with Candy Mountain and Rattlesnake Mountain off in the distance.

From Theodore Elial 2 Years

The city of Richland and the Columbia River.

From Theodore Elial 2 Years

The city of Kennewick and Horse Heaven Hills in the distance.

Even though it was a hard hike for us little kids, it was still a lot of fun! We even got to play at a playground at the bottom of the mountain when we were done!

1 comment:

Grandma Stavenger said...

Beautiful wildflowers at the top, as well as the view! Looks like a nice hike.