Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Its Been a Long Day!


But I finally got what I wanted! These past few days I have not been quite feeling like myself. Mama says it is because I have been running a fever. She says I am doing fine though and mostly acting like myself. Today, I decided that Mama just would not do anymore. I kept asking for Daddy! PLEASE! then running to the window to see if Daddy would ever come home.

Mama did her best to keep me occupied but things went down hill when Mama tried to change my diaper before lunch time. Boy I wanted NOTHING to do with it. So much so that I locked myself and Ellie (our friends' great dane) in Mama and Daddy's room. That was a little traumatic after I figured out that I could not get back to Mama. Luckily Mama called Daddy who told her what screwdriver to use to get the bedroom door unlocked. (Mama went up after that and put a doorknob protector on the bedroom so that I can not pull that trick again.) Then after lunch, Mama put me down for a nap. I did fine for a while just talking to myself but then I got upset and Mama tried to calm me down but she was just not what I wanted. Finally out of desperation Mama called Daddy and let me talk to him ( I just listened through the phone). I calmed down but never took a nap. I kept asking, "Daddy please!" and looking out the windows.

Daddy called again later and I got to talk to him again (again I just listened to him talk to me -- I think he told me he was on his way home). Then after the phone call we had to wait till his car drove him into our driveway. I was SO happy to see him! I practically jumped out of Mama's arms to him. Mama had to save Daddy's lunch box from falling on the ground. After a few minutes of Daddy and I playing. I snuggled down in his arms and fell right to sleep. I sure do love my Daddy! Here is the picture of my Daddy and I sleeping.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is just precious......'

Katie said...

Roel says that Meredith's head looks as big as Tim's in this picture.