Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Need a Bowl


Today, I was messing around on the computer. While Timothy was upstairs changing Theo's diaper, Meredith comes running up to me jabbering something. At first I did what I pretty much always do and say, "yes dear?" to try to get her to repeat it so that I can have a few more seconds to put toddler jabber together into something I can at least repeat back to her that follows the intonation and pattern. Basically I am saying that I tell her things that I think she might be saying. So Meredith gladly repeats what she just said and I for once did not have to make up what she said. I clearly heard, "I need a bowl!" I look up from her face and see the cabinet that we keep her spoons in open. I repeat back to her, "you need a bowl?!" and off Meredith scampers to the cabinet where we keep the bowls locked up. I opened the cabinet and she retrieves her much awaited bowl. In true toddler fashion, I turned around to grab my camera that has been sitting on the counter for just such occasions, and she has already finished stirring her bowl and is walking around asking where Daddy was. I tried to redirect her back to the bowl and spoon so I could get a picture and at least pretend for Grandmas and Grandpas that I snapped the picture of her first understood sentence but the abandoned bowl and spoon will have to do.

2 comments:

Grandma Stavenger said...

Brownies, perhaps?? Did she eat/taste her own cooking????

Mollie said...

not sure as i was grabbing the camera