Sunday, June 7, 2009

Saying Goodbye


Growing up in San Antonio, I remember getting new friends and classmates fairly often. I learned that even though I am not the one moving about every 3-4 years my friends and classmates would change because of how the military moves. It was never easy and it still is not easy. Since we have moved here we have gotten close to a family at our church and Bible study. Meredith and their youngest son were born 2 weeks apart. Our due dates were opposite of the order they came. It has been a thrill to see them grow together. Meredith who was just a peanut when born, now towers over our friends' child who made Meredith look like the tiniest newborn even though he was the one who was younger. For the past two years have spent almost one day a week over at their house. When I tell Meredith that we are going to our friends' house she says his name over and over and over until we get there.

Our friends are in the process of moving to Germany. As they pack their belongings, I remember friends and classmates moving away. I hope that I am better at keeping in touch with friends now then when I was 10. This past Wednesday we had our friends over for one last get together. Timothy and I have already talked about a trip to visit them in the next year or two. My heart is saddened now not only for myself but for Meredith as we say goodbye to very good friends. We posted a picture of Meredith and her friend playing for this post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meredith's future husband?? ;-)