Monday, August 20, 2007

The birth of Meredith Jane a mom's perspective


I remember far little of August 16th. I remember some pain and i remember asking for pain medication and Timothy being the best husband in the world and talking me through the birth of our daughter. He did everything I asked and then some. I also remember Meredith being born and not hearing her cry and them asking for the NICU nurses to come in. I was extremely worried that she would be taken away from me. She was taken up the the regular nursery and cleaned up and taken care of up there for a while. About midnight i woke up in a panic and wanted to know where Meredith was and why i had not gotten to see her. The nurse brought her to me but then took her again later. Then at about 7 they brought us her and she stayed with us for the rest of the time we were in the hospital.

No comments: